Revenue Services is a division of the Probation Department that was originally established in 1991 by Denis F. Welser. The main goal at that time was the collection of Public Defender Fees.
Our department now collects for payments of court fines & fees and victim restitution.
To help other Madera County agencies achieve their objectives by providing professional collection services to maximize their potential revenues.
We adhere to the highest standard of integrity, personal, and professional conduct by promoting public confidence & good will.
Services and Responsibilities
Professional and Specialized Collection Services
The department of Revenue Services provides professional and specialized collection services, including:
- Billing, cashiering and general collections;
- Assessing ability to pay and collectibility of debts;
- Obtaining and enforcing judgments on delinquent accounts;
Responsibilities of Revenue Services:
- Employ professional and cost-effective collection practices;
- Diligently follow-up on delinquent accounts;
- Provide information that substantiates accomplishment of Revenue Services mission.