Saturday, Mar 17, 2018
Adjust Font Size
  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

County of Madera


Live and Archived Board Meetings

Board Meetings

Access live and archived Board of Supervisors meetings as well as past and present meeting agendas and minutes.

Madera County – MC Alert Home

Madera County Emergency Warning System



On January 17, 2014, the Governor of California proclaimed a state of emergency due to the current drought conditions. On…

Permits Online

Available 24-hours a day...

Click here to access the County's Online Permitting system- available 24 hours a day

Madera County Child Support Services in coordination with Madera Superior Courts

Madera County Child Support Services in coordination with Madera Superior Courts

Start the Year off right! Thursday January 4, 2018 9:00am to 3:00pm Child Support Warrant Release Event No Risk of…

County Calendar

County Calendar

Click here to access the County Calendar of Events...  

Notice: Property Taxes Due 12/11/17

Notice: Property Taxes Due 12/11/17

To see or pay your property tax bill online go to: www.madera-county/treasurer Reminder: E-Checks are free

Madera County 311

At Your Service...

The Madera County 311 call center is now open to service you.  You can dial 311 anywhere within Madera County…

Frontpage Slideshow | Copyright © 2006-2011 JoomlaWorks Ltd.

Permits Online

Login Page Instructions

Apply For Your Permits Online - available 24 hours a day to:

  • Apply for a permit
  • Submit plans online (.pdf format)
  • Remit payment (MasterCard, Discover, or American Express accepted)
  • Check the status of your permit

Make sure you have the physical address of the property AND/OR the Assessor's Parcel Number (APN). If you do not know the APN for the property, you can find out by calling (559)675-7710.  If you are applying for a building permit, the address will be issued during the process.  For help or information, call (559)675-7817

Review the list of permit types you can apply for online.

Engineering Department

Fire Prevention for Land Development Dept.

  • Electrical Permit
  • Mechanical Permit
  • Plumbing Permit
  • Reroof Permit
  • Fire Sprinkler Permit
  • Fire Sprinkler Modification Permit
  • Fire Sprinkler Monitoring Alarm Permit
  • Fire Alarm System Permit
  • Hydrant Flow Test
  • Vapor Recovery Vessel
  • LPG Tank Self Certification
  • Fire Pump Permit
  • Underground Fire Main Permit
  • Fireworks Booth Permit
  • Fireworks Public display Permit
  • PCR 4290 Exception Request
  • Hood Suppression System

Business Licenses

Public Works Department

  • Encroachment Permits

Environmental Health Department

Planning Department *

  • Destruction Well
  • Inactive-Out-of-Service Well
  • Septic System Permit
  • Setback Variance-Septic System 
  • Water Well Permit
  • Outdoor Events Permit
  • Sign Permit

— Try our new OTC (Over-the-Counter) Permits for Streamline or Flat Fees for replacement water heater permits, HVAC change outs, residential/commercial single pump water well, residential re-siding/stucco, and commercial wall mount sign. On March 28 solar panels will be added to the OTC Permits. OTC Instructions

For your convenience, when you apply for a reroof or swimming pool permit the fees are now flat fees.

*Due to the complexity of the Land Use Entitlement Permits, they are not available online. However, you can follow the progress of your application online. Please contact the Planning Department (559) 675-7821 or  This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , for either more information or a status report

Click Here to begin your online application for a building permit.

Or, if you'd like to print out a permit form, click below for the document library.


Follow Us On Twitter - Image
Facebook Image

General County Contact

General County Contact
200 W. 4th Street
Madera, CA 93637
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Use this number to get general information about the County or County departments.  

For non-emergency information or service, dial 311