CONVENIENCE, FLEXIBILITY, AND REWARDS
Enjoy the convenience, flexibility, of Electronic Check payments for taxes or fees. In cooperation with Madera County, Official Payments Corporation offers individuals and businesses the opportunity to pay tax bills and business license renewal fees by telephone or directly over the Internet.
PROVEN SAFE AND RELIABLE
This service is safe, reliable and in accordance with all state and government regulations. Official Payments Corporation charges a transaction fee to process electronic check payments. The transaction fee is paid directly to Official Payments Corporation. The County does not receive any portion of this fee.
The convenience fee for paying by an electronic check is $3.00 per transaction.
THERE ARE FOUR SIMPLE WAYS TO PAY TAXES ONLINE:
1. Search for your property tax by property address, assessment number, or fee parcel number. When entering assessment or fee parcel numbers, please enter all 12 digits of your parcel number, omitting any alpha characters.
2. Select the items to pay and add your property taxes to your cart.
3. Select your payment method and enter your account information and submit your payment. The system will:
- Tell you the total of your payment including the appropriate fee
- Obtain approval of the charge
- Issue an onscreen confirmation number and a printable digital receipt. Confirmation is emailed to users who request it. The charge will also appear on your credit card statement; the tax amount on one line, the convenience fee amount on a separate line.
4. Print a copy of your receipt for your records.
EASY PAYMENT VIA PHONE OR INTERNET
To pay by phone, please call the toll free number 1-800-2PAY-TAXSM (800-272-9829). For telephone payments, you will need your 12-digit assessment number, the amount due, and Jurisdiction Code 1524 to enter when prompted.
All tax bills paid online or by the automated phone system are due before midnight on the due date. In the event of a service interruption, no extension of the due date nor waiver of penalties will be allowed.