Statement of Economic Interests - Form 700
The Clerk of the Board of Supervisors office is responsible for accepting and processing and filing Form 700 – Statement of Economic Interests on behalf of “Designated Positions” which is any officer, employee, member, or consultant of an agency whose position is designated in its conflict-of interest code.
The Clerk of the Board of Supervisors if considered the “Filing Officer” who retains original statements, has the authority to fine, is required to review said form, maintain a log and follow-up on non-filers.
- Responsibilities/duties of the “Filing Officer” are as follows:
- Determine if statements have been timely filed.
- Notify all persons who have failed to file by deadline.
- Notify and assess fines for late filings:
- $10.00 each day up to $100.00
- Amendment Requests
- Notify all persons who appear to have filed incomplete or incorrect statements
Form 700 – Statement of Economic Interests are due NO later than 30 days
after assuming or leaving office
All Others: Generally due by April 1 of each year