A citizen who is permanently living overseas may only vote in elections where federal offices are in contest, such as a President, Vice-President, United States Senator, or United States Representative.
In order to be eligible to vote overseas you must either be a member of the armed forces of the United States or any auxiliary branch thereof; a citizen of the United States temporarily living outside the territorial limits of the United States or the District of Columbia; a citizen serving on a merchant vessel documented under the laws of the United States; or a spouse or dependent of a member of the armed forces or any auxiliary branch thereof.
- Federal Voting Assistance Program Overview
- Information About Vote by Mail Voting
- Registration and Application for Vote by Mail Ballot
- Federal Voting Assistance Program Request Registration and/or Vote by Mail Ballot
- Where to Send Election Materials
- Vote by Mail Information
- Check the Status of Your Ballot
- Polling Place and Sample Ballot Lookup
If you would like to request that your ballot be sent to you via fax or email, write to: