Monday, Feb 19, 2018
Adjust Font Size
  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

Communicable Disease Control Program

The Public Health Department acts to control communicable disease in Madera County by:

  • Conducting CDC surveillance activities
  • Investigating reports of communicable disease
  • Providing clinic and case management services to control the spread of infectious disease
  • Working with Environmental Health Department on foodborne disease control

The CDC program receives Confidential Morbidity Reports (CMR) from health care providers, clinical laboratories, and health care administrators. CDC should be contacted to obtain information about communicable diseases in Madera County, to report a communicable disease or suspected outbreak from any source (e.g., food, water, animal, insect), and to report an animal bite.


Other Communicable Disease Links:


The Madera County Public Health Department provides outpatient medical care, counseling and educational activities designed to reduce the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases.

Special Clinic Schedule (Sexually Transmitted Disease)


Every Tuesday 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
14215 Road 28, Madera, CA 93638 (559) 675-7893 

The STD Community Intervention Program (SCIP) is a statewide program funded by the State of California STD Control Branch aimed at building the capacity of community agencies to integrate STD information into their programs and services. Through SCIP, agencies may receive training and technical assistance from the Health Department and the California STD/HIV Prevention Training Center.

For more information, or to schedule a presentation about SCIP, please contact Natalie Stein at (559) 675-7893.

Communicable Disease Control

General County Contact

General County Contact
200 W. 4th Street
Madera, CA 93637
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Use this number to get general information about the County or County departments.  

For non-emergency information or service, dial 311